Instructions for the Submission of Accepted Papers in IEEE-ISIE 2018
Once the Conference has been held, papers will be sent to IEEE Xplore® Digital Library only if all three of the following requirements are satisfied:
1. Submit all correct publication materials (including upload of final paper and transfer of copyright to IEEE);
2. Pay at least one full regular registration before 23rd April 2018;
3. Present the work at the conference.
Authors who are unable to attend to present their work must pay attention to the special instructions in 3.A or 3.B below.
1. Submit correct publication materials
English is the working language of the Conference. Papers are limited to maximum eight (8) pages. No additional pages will be accepted.
Authors must adhere to the IEEE Conference written paper format. The author must submit the final version of the manuscript(s) and sign online the “IEEE Copyright Form” before the final submission deadline. This process is done through the IES Submit system, which is accessed through the conference website.
IEEE is very strict about the compliance requirements for PDF files for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library. We strongly recommend using IEEE PDF eXpress® site to check your final version of the paper. This site will be available for use from 1st April 2017, please log in using the conference code ID: 39916X.
Later, the IES PCT system will perform more checks on your final version, and authors of wrongly formatted papers will be contacted.
IEEE provides a set of templates in MS Word and LaTeX formats. We strongly recommend you use this set of templates provided by IEEE. Please use them to create your paper, but don't modify the style nor the format under any circumstances.
To learn more about how to create papers for IEEE IES conferences, please visit the IEEE conference page.
Submit only original work, not previously published or copyrighted. Prospective authors are expected to submit only their own original works. The Conference will be using the CrossCheck automated screening system to help verify originality of papers. Submitted works may be compared to over 20 million articles in databases worldwide. Papers that violate IEEE's publication principles may be summarily rejected. If the violation is deemed severe, then disciplinary actions may also be taken by IEEE.
2. Pay full registration fee
An author must pay a full, regular registration fee before 23rd April 2018.
Reduced registration fees (e.g. student registration, etc) are not considered regular, and will NOT be accepted for publication. NOTE: Each full, regular registration entitles an author to publish up to two (2) papers. Additional papers up to four (4), co-authored and presented by the same author can be published with an additional paper charge of USD 440 including GST per paper.
3. Papers Presentation
Presentation of papers can be done as follows:
1. By author: Ideally, the primary author or one of the co-authors will attend the conference and present their contribution. This is the classical way of participating in conferences, and authors gain the greatest professional benefits.
2. By colleague: If the primary author or any of the co-authors cannot attend, then a qualified colleague may present the paper. A qualified colleague is one who is familiar with the technical field, and is capable of discussing the issues. The primary author or co-authors would miss the technical interaction, but fulfil professional obligations. NOTE: A full regular registration must be paid even if the qualified colleague is an author of another (different) paper in the conference.
Papers that do not meet one of these requirements (A or B) will be noted as No‑show after the conference and will not be sent to IEEE Xplore® Digital Library. No registration refund will be given in any case.
According to the above policy, ISIE 2018 will publish and distribute at the conference a Conference Proceedings with copyrighted content. All final papers will be included in the IEEE content library, BUT No‑show papers will NOT be accessible from IEEE Xplore® DigitalLibrary. The No‑show papers are copyrighted, and cannot be re-published without permission from the IEEE.
Submission of final papers: 23rd April 2018